Ziggy's 54g Corner ReScape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well after putting the canister back on the tank and having a regulated CO2 system the plants are loving it. I have seen explosive growth in the last several days. I'm still not happy with the HC and am up in the air on whether or not it is going to stay. I might pull it all out and replace it with Monte Carlo or just load that area up with more S. Repens.

Tomorrow I'm shipping out the last of the plants that people have asked for so the 54 will look normal again. Right now it is full of plants

RyM17i6.jpg

IezlBpB.jpg

0Yp0fFN.jpg

I added some of the fish back to the tank today as well and I found a shrimp in the tank. Must have hitched a ride on one of the plants that came from the 40B.

zb0xdhz.jpg

DZ9X8sD.jpg

... I'm still not happy with the HC and am up in the air on whether or not it is going to stay. I might pull it all out and replace it with Monte Carlo or just load that area up with more S. Repens.

What is it about the HC you don't like?
Not impressed with the growth rate of the HC Cuba in my tank. Accidentally siphoned out a chunk of it this morning. Putting what came out in a terrarium because it's not worth the effort of replanting it. Maybe under higher light with no MTS and better substrate it would do better.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What is it about the HC you don't like?
Not impressed with the growth rate of the HC Cuba in my tank. Accidentally siphoned out a chunk of it this morning. Putting what came out in a terrarium because it's not worth the effort of replanting it. Maybe under higher light with no MTS and better substrate it would do better.

I'm just not happy with the growth and the color. The light on this tank is not as intense as the 40. This tank is 22" tall so that I'm sure has a lot to do with it. I don't know. I might just scrap it all and go with the S. Repens as a carpet and be done with it. I have tons in the 40 I could move.

Update on the tank. I did some major trimming yesterday and finished up today with a little more and a water change. The tank is coming along nicely I think.

dTwOXYm.jpg

blf9U3U.jpg

sKUXB63.jpg

RGpwB6C.jpg

p7olbz2.jpg

I did a little cleaning in the tank yesterday. Water change and a quick trim of the DHG.

It's looking pretty good I think.

gBcA3u8.jpg

puwtcEL.jpg

qxgl4bK.jpg

uo7gPdL.jpg

No pics to post today but a few notes about the tank.

The Ludwigia is growing out of control. It is crazy, same thing with the Myrio Filigree. Both plants are beautiful and growing a little too fast. The HC is almost completely gone and I'm not sad about that. I have replaced most of it with S. Repens from the 40. My biggest issue is the BBA that is starting to appear. I've never had this issue before so new territory for me. I haven't really done anything about it yet.

Fish seem happy. That's about it.

No pics to post today but a few notes about the tank.

The Ludwigia is growing out of control. It is crazy, same thing with the Myrio Filigree. Both plants are beautiful and growing a little too fast. The HC is almost completely gone and I'm not sad about that. I have replaced most of it with S. Repens from the 40. My biggest issue is the BBA that is starting to appear. I've never had this issue before so new territory for me. I haven't really done anything about it yet.

Fish seem happy. That's about it.

Exterminate the BBA with glut or H2O2 via syringe. Either CO2 or water changes will need to be differed. CO2 is either too low, or there are too many organics in the water.

Exterminate the BBA with glut or H2O2 via syringe. Either CO2 or water changes will need to be differed. CO2 is either too low, or there are too many organics in the water.

Thanks. As I said I haven't really addressed the issue as yet. I would say CO2 is not the problem. More likely it is the amount of organics in the water. Either could be the issue but I'm more inclined to think it something other than CO2.

I will give some of it a hit of H2O2 and some of it a blast of flourish excel and see what happens.

Here are a few pics of the tank. I'm going to do some major trimming today and will probably pull a lot of the BBA out manually.

64oST0e.jpg

ABC141V.jpg

OszZC0Y.jpg

LSLC9K4.jpg

x1AwW6o.jpg

MxECFkg.jpg

I think you are correct with excess organics and BBA. Why you are seeing it now? The tank is maturing and perhaps the accumulation of organic waste is slowing exceeding it's removal via your current water regimen.

I think you are correct with excess organics and BBA. Why you are seeing it now? The tank is maturing and perhaps the accumulation of organic waste is slowing exceeding it's removal via your current water regimen.

That is very likely the case. I have not been changing water on this tank as frequently as I probably should.

Back
Top Bottom