Ziggy's ADA 60F Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea Ziggy, that's what I'm talking about! Now scape that tank, scape it!

Thanks Tankboy!

I am going to build a box to raise the cabinet up about 6". It's too low for my liking. I intend on doing that this evening when I get home.

As usual with this tank build I am delayed until this weekend. I dug my saw out the other night and have everything ready but I can't do much until this weekend. I wanted to work on building the box tonight but the weather is horrible here and I can't.

Oh well I'm getting used to the wait at this point.

I consulted the powers that be and discovered there is a 90% chance this box/stand platform will be constructed tonight. There is a strong possibility of scaping tomorrow with continued scaping on Sunday...

I picked up the wood yesterday on the way home from work to build the cabinet platform. I cut all the pieces last night but it was too cold to finish things up. Today I will put the platform together and paint it. My plan is to begin the scape this afternoon.

I picked up the wood yesterday on the way home from work to build the cabinet platform. I cut all the pieces last night but it was too cold to finish things up. Today I will put the platform together and paint it. My plan is to begin the scape this afternoon.

Yes! Making progress!

Making some progress today. I finished the hanging system for the light.

ywWU1rE.jpg

rlETWMx.jpg

4as7ryj.jpg

Nice layout of the hardscape.
The spider wood in the center... I cannot get the image out of my head of the worms that were hanging out in the lounge in the Men In Black series. Maybe it's the color of the DW.
How often do you expect to top off this tank (that's a lot of surface area)? Topping off with tap, RO, or distilled water?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nice layout of the hardscape.
The spider wood in the center... I cannot get the image out of my head of the worms that were hanging out in the lounge in the Men In Black series. Maybe it's the color of the DW.
How often do you expect to top off this tank (that's a lot of surface area)? Topping off with tap, RO, or distilled water?

Yeah I know. I was thinking I would rename this tank. The wood looks like monsters coming over mountains or something.

I will top off with treated tap most likely. I have no idea how often I will have to top it off.

Will be watching this closely. I get my 60f this week hopefully. Interested to see what you plant with.

I was going to do a HC carpet but think I might try something new

Will be watching this closely. I get my 60f this week hopefully. Interested to see what you plant with.

I was going to do a HC carpet but think I might try something new

You will likely be planting before me. I am in no hurry to plant and I don't know what I want to plant.

I am over the HC. I have a sorry excuse for it in my 54g tank. If I go with a small plant like that I will go with Monte Carlo. I really want to do something different in this tank, just haven't figured that out yet.

So I took everything out of the tank. Drilled the holes in the side of the stand and did the final scape.

Here we go:

ADA Powersand with addatives
bYeF7xD.jpg

IkhQq0v.jpg

The substrate begins:
FeJTh1s.jpg

UhtIs8l.jpg

Scape is in. I don't want to post pics of every stone being placed.
MCZtybM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom