Ziggy's ADA 60F Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More like a piece of art, even while empty.
Builds are fun to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's so neat how the scape breaks the water level, as always, watching ever update

Looking good. When is flooding time?

Just putting together my final bits for my 60f how much ada soil did you go through? Didn't know if I needed a 9l bag or smaller is fine

Looking good. When is flooding time?

Just putting together my final bits for my 60f how much ada soil did you go through? Didn't know if I needed a 9l bag or smaller is fine

I'm not sure when I will filling this tank. I haven't ordered any plants yet and I don't want to flood it before I have plants ready to plant.

I used 2L of ADA Powersand Special S, about 5lbs of Brightwell F, and about more than 15lbs of XF. If you look you can see that I have the substrate banked up very high on the left side. I wold suggest ordering more than you think you will need so you can play with the look some. That of course is all up to you and what you want your final scape to look like. I wanted dimension in the scape, I didn't want it flat, so I used a good bit more soil than most would.

I am all caught up on this build now and it looks great. Can't wait to see the plants of choice. ?

All caught up on this awesome build. Loving the hardscape. Anxiously awaiting to see the plants of choice.

All caught up on this awesome build. Loving the hardscape. Anxiously awaiting to see the plants of choice.

I have made some decisions on plants but I'm keeping them secret for now. I will be using tissue culture plants for this tank.

I have made some decisions on plants but I'm keeping them secret for now. I will be using tissue culture plants for this tank.

Your secret is safe with us. Really.
I'm assuming no HC in this tank?
AquariumPlants dot com has a great selection of tissue culture plants. Glosso has gone bananas in my tank (if you want a fast spreading carpet that stays low).

Your secret is safe with us. Really.
I'm assuming no HC in this tank?
AquariumPlants dot com has a great selection of tissue culture plants. Glosso has gone bananas in my tank (if you want a fast spreading carpet that stays low).

I don't think I will ever buy HC again. I just don't like the plant. My Monte Carlo has done so much better than any HC I have ever had.

As for carpet I'm looking at two different options. I have not decided on one yet.

:8O:

Well...as it turns out I have to order new lily pipes. The ones I ordered would be great if I didn't put any substrate in the tank. As you may have noticed from my other tanks I like to bank the substrate up and do crazy things with my scape. So...off to the eBay store I go to buy new smaller ones.

When are you going to be planting plants? Need to get this thing filled up! Did you buy that star moss?

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

When are you going to be planting plants? Need to get this thing filled up! Did you buy that star moss?

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
I don't know when I am going to plant the tank. I am waiting on the arrival of the new lily pipes. They should be here tomorrow according to the tracking. I haven't ordered any plants yet.

I know exactly what you are talking about regarding lily pipes I just set my tank up and had issues with back being banked up high.

My new lily pipes came in today. I am blown away! I just ordered them on Friday.

dggwWlQ.jpg

9ZcGidM.jpg

ABFHixf.jpg

OcxInob.jpg

Much more inline with the proper scale for this tank! I am rather pleased!!!

Late to the party, as always. Take thus far looks spot on. I got my eyes on you. ?

Back
Top Bottom