11.4 gallon stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishninja

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi everyone I recently got a 11.4 mr.aqua chic. I really would like to have a species only tanks for either shell dwellers or something like a pair of kribs. Does anyone have any suggestions for what type of shell dweller If I went that rout? Any other cichlid like fish choices to breed would be great!

Neolamprologus Multifasciatus is gonna be one of the few, brevis get a it too large, ocellatus may work, similis too. 5 max of any of the three mentioned species, probably more like 4. No other fish though, just the four individuals. Other than that, I really wouldn't add cichlids to that small of a tank

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Ok thanks as far as water parameters go, my ph is naturally 7.4 should I add a buffer?

Multifasciatus are typically tank bred and will do fine in a variety of pH levels. Ou will be fine, but it wouldn't hurt to add some limestone into the tank, or crushed coral into the filter. "Cichlid sand" would help too, just make sure that the substrate is fine, as they dig A LOT. No gravel or anything like that with shellies

Ok thanks I will add some crushed coral to the hob. I have another question for you. Are the three cichlids mentioned relatively easy to breed?

Multifasciatus is going to be the easiest to find, and the easiest to breed. Just give them sand, shells, a good m:f ratio and clean water and you'll generally get them to breed

Add 3 shells or more for each fish and you will have fry in no time

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I use extra large escargot shells

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What is a good male to female ratio 1 male 3 females?

Either as long as there are equal males to females, or more females than males, you should be good. 1:3 would be the best. Sexing young ones is basically impossible, adults are easier due to the size difference

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom