125 gallon lake malawi build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fx5 is awesome, best canister on the market hands down. In a 125 you will still need another filter, at the least a powerhead but the return hose has 2 heads pointed in opposite directions you can adjust for where you want flow. If you go that route, make sure you keep note its not sold with filter media unless the website specifically says so. It comes with the sponges but nothing for the trays.

Fx5 is awesome, best canister on the market hands down. In a 125 you will still need another filter, at the least a powerhead but the return hose has 2 heads pointed in opposite directions you can adjust for where you want flow. If you go that route, make sure you keep note its not sold with filter media unless the website specifically says so. It comes with the sponges but nothing for the trays.

Ok thank you ill search ebay for prices ob those

After reading some reviews and info on the fx5 i can see where it is very useful i could do the fx5 and fluval 405 or would 2 of the 405s be just as good

Do you know how many. Just make sure if you do peacocks not to mix any mbuna with them, the aggression differences will really drown out the color of the peacocks making you feel like you wasted your money. Only one of mine has decent colors showing. Even my lemon jake has lost most of the blue shine in his face.

Do you know how many. Just make sure if you do peacocks not to mix any mbuna with them, the aggression differences will really drown out the color of the peacocks making you feel like you wasted your money. Only one of mine has decent colors showing. Even my lemon jake has lost most of the blue shine in his face.

I know not to mix ive learned that from research and other the threads lol i wasnt sure on how what's an average size for peacocks only thing i had issues with research was a decent average size i was thinking in the 4-6in range

I would stay around 40 if you're doing peacocks. If you decide to go with mbuna I like to have at least 60 in a 125, the 6' footprint makes a big difference. I used to have 100 in mine until a disease wiped out the majority.

I would stay around 40 if you're doing peacocks. If you decide to go with mbuna I like to have at least 60 in a 125, the 6' footprint makes a big difference. I used to have 100 in mine until a disease wiped out the majority.

Sorry to hear that i know thats not fun or easy to take. 40 sounds like a good number for some reason i had 20 in my head thinking that was to much lol so with about 40 peacocks would 2 of the 405s handle the bioload

Should be fine. Consider a small hob filter though for something to agitate the surface. Nothing crazy, I have a whisper hob on mine along with the fx5 and a 305. It's also great to have the hob in case something happens and you need to set up a QT, just pull the filter off, put it on the QT and bam you have a cycled tank.

Should be fine. Consider a small hob filter though for something to agitate the surface. Nothing crazy, I have a whisper hob on mine along with the fx5 and a 305. It's also great to have the hob in case something happens and you need to set up a QT, just pull the filter off, put it on the QT and bam you have a cycled tank.

Very true i will keep that in mind thank you what are some types of peacocks ive found lots online but cant make out names of some of them do to weird names lol a few names would get me started on more research

aulonocara is the species name, I've always loved strawberry peacocks, lemon jakes, and royal reds. There are so many different types out there from the years of people breeding to make different strains.

A good site to use for ideas of what you want to stock cause he always has good selections - http://www.davesfish.com/

Great way to get fish at awesome prices and sometimes you can even find someone local to you and get them even cheaper, I once picked up 5 maingano and 6 fuellerborni for $30. http://www.aquabid.com

aulonocara is the species name, I've always loved strawberry peacocks, lemon jakes, and royal reds. There are so many different types out there from the years of people breeding to make different strains.

A good site to use for ideas of what you want to stock cause he always has good selections - http://www.davesfish.com/

Great way to get fish at awesome prices and sometimes you can even find someone local to you and get them even cheaper, I once picked up 5 maingano and 6 fuellerborni for $30. http://www.aquabid.com

Good deals thank you for the links i will check these links out for ideas

Just ordered 2 fluval 405s on ebay for about 110$ apeice much better deals than whats in the stores or on dealer websites

Just ordered 2 fluval 405s on ebay for about 110$ apeice much better deals than whats in the stores or on dealer websites

I did the same.. $109 each. I always tell everyone about that deal! My LFS wants like $189 .. LoL yeah right!

Attachments

• image-3527626076.jpg
    image-3527626076.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 94
Back
Top Bottom