55g Haplochromine tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mfdrookie516

Aquarium Free - 2+ Years
Just got a spur of the moment idea, cleared out all my community fish (and many, many, many fry) out of my 55g and plan on starting a hap tank. Ive got two venustus (see pic) in my mbuna tank for now until i get the tank set up, rock found, and cycled. Hopefully ill have a fluval 405 on this tank if i ever get a chance to upgrade to an fx5 on my 150g. So here are the horrid shots of the tank. I do plan on painting the back while its empty, probably blue, maybe black. I may even attempt a foam background instead. who knows? So here is the start, i cant wait to get this thing set back up :)

Last edited:
my wife love"s the venustus we have 3 .just set up new 55 she want's to breed them

i was going to do this build, then after some further research, i figured out they get way too big for a 55 so im leaving them in my 150 and may get a 125 or 75 for the mbuna. they are some neat looking fish though

the 55 is is going to be for breeding i am wating to hear back from a guy on a 150 set up hope i get this tank

Back
Top Bottom