andinoacara rivulatus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikem691

Aquarium Advice Addict
How interactive are they as a wet pet. I have never had one and was thinking of getting a wet pet for my empty 75. Are they anything close to an Oscar or midas in personality?

Boring as a brick and not nearly large enough for a single fish in a 75g. I'd do a Cichlasoma trimaculatum or Amphilophus hogaboomorum, stay away from the common rubbish like mid-evils.

Amphilophus lysoni are another cool one. Love the hoogas though.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks guys
Another question
Is the supper red Texas a variant like the ebjd?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks guys
Another question
Is the supper red Texas a variant like the ebjd?

Nope hybrid filth. Achieved by breeding a male green or blue texas and crossing it with a female such as Parrot, King-Kong, Mammon, Darmo, Flamingo, RED Devil, Redshock or Redsyn.

Nope hybrid filth. Achieved by breeding a male green or blue texas and crossing it with a female such as Parrot, King-Kong, Mammon, Darmo, Flamingo, RED Devil, Redshock or Redsyn.

I was afraid of that Thanks HUKIT

I really like the Amphilophus hogaboomorum and the Amphilophus lysoni.

WOW I like that but would a 75 work?

Yes, a 75g would last a "Black Nasty" for a number of years. Personally however I would upgrade to a 120g stout (4x2x2) once the fish hits the 8-10" mark. Mainly to help with keeping the nitrates less concentrated and to afford a little more wiggle room.

What do you all think about hypselecara temporalis or uaru amphiacanthoides?

Uaru are pretty dull, not a wet pet. Not kept the chocolate cichlid but considered it before. I think both would be good with Severums in a very large tank, with fairly warm water a little more on the acidic side than neutral and with very peaceful tank mates not too small to be eaten. That would be the best way to keep them.
I think good wet pets would be the ones already recommended, although I like the original idea of the Rivulatus. If you get good stock with nice colours they're a great centrepiece, just not as unusual as some of the others recommended.

OK 1 more vieja argentea

Just buy a Hoplias aimara and be done with it.

I suppose if he's not too worried about losing a limb during tank maintenance it would be a fair idea.

Back
Top Bottom