Apis. cacatuoides and Bolivian Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RAGEo2

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all, First post and it's a question :oops: but hopefully I can help someone down the line instead of just asking questions...I have a 125 gallon tank and currently have 4 Bolivian rams and one Blue ram in the tank. Along with 2 SAE and 2 pictus cats. I was looking into ordering a pair of Apis. cacatuoides (Cockatoo Dwarf) cichlids (Triple Red). Could they get along or is it to much of a gamble? The tank is pretty well planted. The Rams are all Juvies. And the Cokatoo Dwarfs will also be juvies. In the back wall I have DIY Grotto wall up with caves. http://www.duboisi.com/diy/BNdiygrotto/bndiygrotto.htm
p1130022li9.jpg

p1130024qw1.jpg

I think your tank is large enough and planted enough to give it a try, although I'd add some driftwood, rocks, new clay pots, etc. to break up the sight lines even more.

A bit of advice regarding the cacatuoides: they're harem breeders, so instead of pairs, looking into getting trios (one male, two females). Extra females help split the male's attention, which helps keep single females from being stressed to death.

Nice looking tank-- good luck with the new additions!:)

Back
Top Bottom