Apistos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AaronW

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'd love to have a male apistogramma cacutoides. Does anyone have any experience with them? I have a pretty heavily planted 50 gallon. Is this stock ok?

2 angel rams
3 Congo tetras
3 boesmani rainbow fish
2 juvenile clown loaches
1 Pictus cat

Will an apistogramma do ok? I'm dying for one!

TheCommunityCichlid said:
I think that he would do fine with your current stock

Do you know of any breeders perhaps? LA wants 80.00 for just one male!

I'd love to have a male apistogramma cacutoides. Does anyone have any experience with them? I have a pretty heavily planted 50 gallon. Is this stock ok?

2 angel rams
3 Congo tetras
3 boesmani rainbow fish
2 juvenile clown loaches
1 Pictus cat

Will an apistogramma do ok? I'm dying for one!

I think it'd do great in that tank. Idk any breeders though.

Yea that seems to be the problem. My petsmart is supposed to get double red agassizi in but they haven't been in the last few shipments so I'm still waiting

Most of your stock will work with them but the pictus cat would probably end up eating them.

You can also try aquabid.com there's almost always some really nice cacs for sale there.

Gillie said:
Most of your stock will work with them but the pictus cat would probably end up eating them.

You can also try aquabid.com there's almost always some really nice cacs for sale there.

I'm not sure I trust aquabids. I want to be sure my livestock will be in great condition on arrival. Cacs are awesome. Are they that small that the Pictus could eat?

cbourg746 said:
Try the wet spot tropical fish in Portland, Oregon. Anthony perry is the sales manager and is awesome to deal with. Shipping shouldn't be too bad since y'all are both on the west coast.

http://www.wetspottropicalfish.com/

Thanks so much! They have a great selection of apistogrammas! I think I'll be considering the orange flash. $16.00 is not bad at all!

Awesome. Id like to see pics when you do.
What kind of a tank will you keep them in?

Right now I am experimenting with cohabing several different dwarf cichlids species. I have grb, curviceps and kribs together and so far so good. My kribs have just breed and all is good so I'm gonna continue the experiment

Right now I am experimenting with cohabing several different dwarf cichlids species. I have grb, curviceps and kribs together and so far so good. My kribs have just breed and all is good so I'm gonna continue the experiment

That's pretty awesome. How big is the tank? What kind of environment do you give them?

It's a 36 with lots of plants a big stump thing and a huge rock pile in the middle along with some skulls. I also have various tetras and everyone gets along fine. Oddly none of the cichlids don't take up any territory in the tank

AaronW said:
I'm not sure I trust aquabids. I want to be sure my livestock will be in great condition on arrival. Cacs are awesome. Are they that small that the Pictus could eat?

There are quite a few sellers on AB that have great stock, apistodave is a breeder that I have dealt with for many many years, he breeds some of the nicest triple red cacs that I have ever seen.

Most apisto sources sell their fish at sexable size, normally just over an inch long and I have seen pictus cats hit 10 inches, you have to be wary of any large mouthed catfish species as the will eat or try to eat any thing they can gulp up.

There are quite a few sellers on AB that have great stock, apistodave is a breeder that I have dealt with for many many years, he breeds some of the nicest triple red cacs that I have ever seen.

Most apisto sources sell their fish at sexable size, normally just over an inch long and I have seen pictus cats hit 10 inches, you have to be wary of any large mouthed catfish species as the will eat or try to eat any thing they can gulp up.

I heard apistodave is kind of a..... Nut:p

I wouldn't keep SA dwarves with kribs, kribs are on the large side of the dwarf cichlid scale and have no problems dominating and killing smaller cichlids especially when spawning.

Back
Top Bottom