Apistos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Indeed. Now to upgrade to some high output lighting. I need some hefty plant growth

Look for deals, I got LEDs for my 10 gallon along with extra led strips for the fixture for $10 at petco. They were on manager special. It also helps that my girlfriend works at petco and I work at petsmart.

TheCommunityCichlid said:
Look for deals, I got LEDs for my 10 gallon along with extra led strips for the fixture for $10 at petco. They were on manager special. It also helps that my girlfriend works at petco and I work at petsmart.

Haha I definitely don't have that advantage. But I'll go and check it out. I'm gonna get an airstone today. Noticed there wasn't enough surface agitation.

Fluval 405 canister at the highest output. I may drop a tetra whisper just for the gas exchange

Yea that's kinda why I prefer hob filters. I'm on my way to a speciality shop about an hour from my house to look for an apistogramma

Well disappointed, they had cockatoos for 11 but had no males and a ton of what looked like females. They were not colored up at all

Today i did some fishy errands. I went and got a java fern for the new dw piece.

I also called a few of my LFS. One place only has orange apisto females. I'll be checking back Monday to see if they get anymore males.

Apisto should be in there sooner than later. Anyhow do you have any tips on acclimation?

TheCommunityCichlid said:
I usually float them and then use a cup to add water slowly to the bag. I hear that drip acclimation is supposed to be the best

I'm doing the drip right now. I just got a bolivian ram. And 2 more Congo tetras. Aqua advisor says i still have room

Hi Aaron!

I'm a little bit late to the party but would like to help! What was the final decision on the Apisto? What else is in your 50?

I can't find any apistos yet. But I did decide to up my school of congo tetras from 3 to 5. And I am currently acclimating a Bolivian ram.

My stock is currently 2 balloon rams.
1 Pictus cat.
5 Congo tetras
3 boesmani rainbows
And 2 clown loaches.

So about 14 fish. I run a fluval 405 at max flow so there is no filtration issue.

I'm thinking I want just a male apisto. Don't really plan on breeding them. But if you have any advice on apistos I'm all ears

Well the BR is in. He schools with the Congo tetras. Even the rainbows school with them.

Seems my balloon rams are anti social. Hope nothing is wrong with them. Can't wait to
Get the apisto in there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom