balloon ram eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KeeleyBurd

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
this morning i saw a jelly like glob with eggs in it which i believed to be from my snails (so i destroyed it and my other fish ate them: [ i suck) turns out i believe they are from my pair. ive got a male and female gold balloon ram. they are quite a pair. the male is very manly and the female is very girly and petit. they get along great and i hoped they might breed. (although i have heard that it is uncommon even my fish supplier told me no one really breeds them here in the US.) does anybody know what their eggs would look like? and will they end up attemping the dirty again since i destroyed their babies? : [

*the female is on the left the male is on the right

Attachments

• femaleRam.jpg
    femaleRam.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 120
  • maleRam.jpg
    maleRam.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 127
Eggs in a jelly like blob is a perfect description of snail eggs. They were most definitely not from your rams.

severum mama said:
Eggs in a jelly like blob is a perfect description of snail eggs. They were most definitely not from your rams.

I've only got two nerite snails who's eggs are not like that. They looks liked just like these

ForumRunner_20120506_105931.jpg

They looked like the photo! They did look jelly like too though: ) I've had snails eggs and i always freak out i dontt want a take over!

Back
Top Bottom