canister filter recommend for my new cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquacichlids

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
thanks everyone for helping out the water issue the other day, water is better now.

Im looking for a good canister filter since the one I have is a tiny HOB.

basically I need a 300+gph CF for the 60g tank, but since I have acute hearing, I really need a very quiet filter.

please recommend a canister filter that is super quiet. thanks

How much do you want to spent?

Eheim makes a great canister & ultra quiet. I have their big unit 2080 and cant hear it running. I know it;s running cause I can see the spray bar jetting out the water. I'm running this on a 50g tandk with 21 cichilds and so far I'm happy with their product. You dont have to go this big like I did, but sure they will have your needs if you are looking for a shhhhh filter system. I cant speak for others type as I havent owned any other,

how much did it cost? does it come with first set of media?

My budget is around 150,

Check out the ehiem 2217. U can get it for $140 shipped.

I found a knock off filter for $55 on eBay. You can't hear it and one should do well on your tank. I run 2 on my 65 gallon and one on my 40 gallon. Just search jebao filter on eBay.

I have a marineland c-360 that is silent and filters very well. Got it on sale at petsmart for $149

i have the Mairenland C -360 on my 100 gal. tank and love it!!!! It is by far the quitest and easy filter I have had . Love It.

I need a 300+gph

I dont think the fluval or marineland rates their filter when the media is loaded but do it when it's empty so you get a higher flow rate. The eheim rates it when it does have your filter media inside. I might be wrong in all the above so you might want to look at is how they rate their flow..before or after the filter media.

Fluval 306. Flow Rate: 1150 L/H (303 US GPH)

marineland C-360 360 GPH up to 100 gallons

eheim 2217 Flow Rate264 gph

I would look into a Rena XP4/XL (same product just newer version is called XL). Rated for 260 gallons, I got mine barely used for $80. I have a red eared slider in a 55 gallon and it keeps it crystal clear with little to no noise. I would look into getting a used filter on craigslist or eBay you can get some great finds.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom