Caves?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddiienno

Aquarium Advice Regular
Okay so all I hear about is caves and they love caves. I have a FM pair and they don't even look at the caves let alone go in them. Does anyone else experience this? I have rocks stacked up an a big artificial rock with holes and over hang but they just don't seem interested.

It's more so providing them a place to hide if they want to. Some won't, some will. It all depends on the tank and the fish

I stack my tank with caves, and no body uses them, if I have only a handful of caves, everyone fights over them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Mine love having the cover and the option to retreat if necessary. My tank is in the back room though so they don't get as much human interaction as they would if they were in the front where my community is.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405026689.763186.jpg

You can't even see them in this pic.

My Mbuna are out at the top wanting to be fed whenever I am around, but at night they do retreat to their rocks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

^^ +1 there whenever I'm around they are at the front of the tank staring at me but at night I do notice them retreat a bit.

Mine love the caves. They zip in and it and through all the time. I have it so that all of the "caves" are connected to make a tunnel.

Back
Top Bottom