Cichlid Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brandonv26

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can anyone recommend me the food they have found to be the best for mbuna African Cichlids? Starting a 55 gallon tank and I was at the LFS store today and the choice of food was overwhelming.

cichlidcasey said:
Blood worms....beefheart....brine shrimp

The OP was asking what to feed a specific Cichlid, Mbunas. Just throwing that out there isn't helpful at all. The only thing I would feed from your list is brine shrimp as a treat.

Not sure why you even mentioned the other 2.

I shouldnt have thrown anything out there. I don't know african cichlids but if you own African cichlids you should know what to feed them without asking on here ;)

cichlidcasey said:
I shouldnt have thrown anything out there. I don't know african cichlids but if you own African cichlids you should know what to feed them without asking on here ;)

I think the OP was more along the lines of asking name brands of what we African Cichlid owners feed our fish. Some love NLS like me and others love Hikari others maybe a different brand.

I don't it was that the OP didn't know what to feed but rather maybe just getting an idea what ever one else is using or not using...

The OP stated they were overwhelmed by the selection so they asked here to narrow it down and make the choice easier and less stressful. Nothing wrong with that no?

cichlidcasey said:

I stated that I was starting a tank, I don't have any cichlids yet, trying to sort everything before I get them and that's why I asked here

NEW ERA green pellets,SERA Granugreen,C.E fish essentials,cucumber,peas,romaine lettuce,keep the protein down for Mbuna ;-)

Nice job dean I forgot about:

One food we all can agree on is peas and cucumber
And for a note to the op
For the people that's not in the states they feed new era

Nice job dean I forgot about:

One food we all can agree on is peas and cucumber
And for a note to the op
For the people that's not in the states they feed new era

Stupid question but is this available in fish food form or you literally jusy feed them peas and cucumbers?

Back
Top Bottom