Cichlid holding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CameronCade

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a female who has been hiding a lot and hasn't ate in 2 days. I saw her today doing the mating dance with a male. Now all she does is run from him and hides behind my intake filters I tried taking her out and put her in another tank but I can not catch and I don't want to stress her more. What should I do and does it sounds like she is holding ?

The male may have just become more aggressive. Or maybe they were going to mate but without pictures I cant tell you if she is holding. If it looks like her mouth is full then she most likely is holding. She will hold for 14-25 days, without eating also.

If you do want to move her still, using 2 nets sometimes helps make it easier to catch them. Use one in front and one in back.

If you leave her in the current tank, adding some décor can help, lowering the temp a bit may help, or taking the male out temporarily and then putting him back in may confuse him and make him less dominant.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom