Cichlids in an AMAZON aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquaboy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 2 angels(gold and marble), 2 tetras (black skirt), and a rainbow shark. I want to get a dwarf/South American Cichlid or a Ram. Can this work? Does anyone know if these cichlids can get along w/ my fish? If so, what kind of cichlids would be best?

Pictures Coming Soon!!!!

It depends on what size tank you want. I would say Vestivums would be good also Bolivian Rams would work. It really depends on your tank size. But I would add more tetras.

If you had lots of hiding spaces possibly a group of Apistos would work.

I read in your other post that your tank is 29 gals.....

I'd say get your tetra school up to about 8 - 10 and swap the rainbow shark.

You could get come cory cats.... there are lots of cool looking ones...get 5 or 6 of them.

You could also get 3 otocinclus and possibly 2 bushynosed plecos to keep algae under control. You will probably have to feed them to supplement the algae they eat as there may not be much algae with them working away at it.

As far as Cichlids go I thing the 2 angels you have to be it. If you have plenty of hiding places perhaps 3 Apistogrammas (2 female 1 male) would work.

But planted out that would be an awesome looking tank!

Yeah, I have 29 gal tank. I was considering getting the Bolivian Ram. I don't really like the German Blue Ram and a lot of people have it. I'll go w/ the Ram, pleco, tetras.

Back
Top Bottom