Cichlids with ich:(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattlll

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so I was watching my fish today and noticed these sandlike grains on my johannis body and fins...I'm almost positive it's ich but just wanna make sure for a fact... I'll attach an image! I've also seen it on a couple of my other cichlids so I guess what I'm asking is can anyone give me some tips on curing it? Thanks anything will help hah

Hah I don know how to attach image on my phone!

Ah idk it doenst have it on my phone... But I put the pics in my profile album!

Ok so I've been looking all over the internet for the past couple of hours and right now I'm slowly raising my temp to 84 to 86 degrees and I have aquarium salt.. I was wondering if you suggest any medications to treat it?

Ok the app can attach pics! Good

Attachments

• image-3147550701.jpg
    image-3147550701.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 87
I had ich in my mikrogeophagus ramirezi tank and heat and salt wasn't working so I went to quICK cure it worked well just slow. I couldn't find rid ich by kordon that's what I would have used. The heat and salt should work for you though. I just keep my rams so warm I think the ich they got was a high temp strain

My plan is to keep the high temps and salt for about 12 to 15 days and if that hasn't worked I'll go get somekind of med! Gosh this tank has already been so crazy and caotic!! It's a great hobby tho..

Btw will quick cure mess up my bio filter?? I jus got it finally decently established! Don wanna crash it...

Haha wow I've been on and off with community fish tanks, mantella frog tanks, camelion tanks!! This is my first cichlid tank but I'm only 14!

Ok I'll keep looking and look for quick cure or something similar. Rid ich I guess if I can find it

Ya my lfs is real nice.. They have all kinds of meds.. I'm sure they'll have it.

Ya I have this specific guy I talk to. I'll ask him about it!! Thank you so much for ur help! I think my mind is a little more at ease about this ich thing!! Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom