Compatiblity? for kribnesis!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

virus

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey yall, i was lookin at some cichlid profiles and was looking into the kribs and it said on one of the profiles that it could be compatilble with other peacefull fish, so i came here to ask if i could keep one pair or sumthing with my 29 gallon community, look at meh sig to see all the fishes i have, ohh and the ten gallon might get free cuz i dont like the crayfishie, so its going to be a bare aquaruim, but ill just put goldies unless i can fit a pair in there? lol then i have to buy heater and filter and light lol. anyones got a opinion?

-John-

I have a krib in my 25g and he only bothers fish his size if they get too close to his cave, but he leaves the smaller ones alone. I think you'd be fine

YAY! you dont know how happy this makes me! man you guys rock wit da info! i can put one pair in there right? also can i put a pair in a ten gallon?

If you put a pair of kribs in the 29 gallon and they spawn be prepared for them to drive the other fish away. They become very territorial and protective during spawning. The 10 gallon tank is too small to put a pair of kribs in.

When my kribs breed, they do their best to kill every other fish in the tank when the fry hatch. It's not pretty. They really need their own tank to breed in...nothing smaller than a 20gallon though. After the fry hatch, you should move both parents to another tank, as they do have a habit of consuming their fry after a couple weeks.

10gallon is way too small for 1 krib, let alone a pair.

is this true for everyone else? i could understand the 10 gallon thing, but i can put 2 males in my 29 gallon right? ohhh and are kribs south american or african cichlids?

I've got one male in each of my 29 gallon tanks. They were feisty at first but have calmed down a good bit since then. It helps to have somewhere for the kribs to hide. I have one that I rarely see. I have to be still and wait and then he comes out and swims around and picks at food and stuff. If he sees me move he is gone again. The one in the other tank will let me walk up and all and it doesn't swim off and hide as much. I think they will stop this shy behavior after a while. They are nice fish to look at though. A guy in town had like 100 he sold to the lfs a couple of weeks ago b/c they multiply so rapidly. I'm not interested in having that type of thing and the aggression that goes with it.

so they are not really peacefull?, man lol i need to stop getting hyped up, but im going to get a male and see how it goes, and mabe a female in a 10 gallon, but like i said fish have a mind of their own! one may be aggressive and one may take walks with fishies!

Back
Top Bottom