Convict cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bully405Customz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Could A pair of convicts and a pair of rams be acceptable? I have a planted 55 gal with 2 peacock eels, I dinosaur birchir and 1 featherfin catfish. With 2 German blue rams on order and would like to have some different cichlids in there but not sure what else to add, maybe some angels... Please help. Lol

Rams, or any other South American dwarf cichlids, will not last long with convicts. Angels are a much better choice.

Well you are already pretty heavily stocked. You could maybe fit a pair of convicts but not anything else. Your eels and bicher get big

The fish you already have will pretty much stock that tank IMO. The bichir and eels may need more space even, but I'm not sure about them.

I really feel that your rams will get eaten by the bicher if/when it gets big enough

I knew they got big I guess I just didnt think it would get big enough to eat a 3" fish. But it wouldn't be the first time ive been wrong. My tank just seems so barren. Tank does have very good filtration so that helps but I dont to over stock. I have a friend that's always wanted the birchir so I may give it to him for the preservation of the rams and bioload.

Your senegal bichir will not get big enough to eat the rams, they get 10-15".

Also if you have them on pellets/frozen diet if they are well fed, chances are they wouldn't be looked at as food.

Maybe a senagal wouldn't eat them but I had a ornate that was about 10 inches who ate 4 2 inch giant danios in a day

Back
Top Bottom