DIY Mbuna Housing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dirt Diggler

Aquarium Advice Freak
Decided to make some mbuna caves and drastically change my aquascape to something much more appropriate for the fish I'm hosting. I'm done with the construction phase, now I'm waiting for the curing to complete, then to conditioning before I can put them into my tank. Timing is great because I have a couple of bubble wands coming in and a few other ins and outs so now I can redo the whole tank in one shot. I sacrificed my plastic plants as part of the housing so I hope the violence is kept to a respectable level in the meantime. Tell me what you guys think! ;)

Attachments

• 20130628_165148.jpg
    20130628_165148.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 20130628_165143.jpg
    20130628_165143.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 77
That looks awesome nice job :) is that GE 1 silicone u used for it? I've been wanting to do some DIY deco for my tank but still haven't been brave enough - ima screw it up somehow lol

It's GE silicone I. Get some latex gloves for the job and some other assorted tools. I used 3 inch PVC pipe, GE Silicone I, substrate, and some plastic plants from my aquarium. These are a mix of a couple different sets of DIY instructions.

You will also need a saw, (I recommend a hacksaw) sandpaper, and a container that you can soak them in when you need to soak, and condition them in.

Here are a couple I links I used to get my idea for housing.

Make Your Own DIY Aquarium Cave From PVC Pipe (DIY DECORATION PROJECTS)

DIY pvc cichlid cave (cheap and easy!)!)

DIY - PVC Caves

I wasn't too hard to do, but having access to the proper tools will make things much easier. A table saw for instance, would have greatly expedited the cutting process.

Back
Top Bottom