Dwarf Cichlids!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lost him today as well :( I have no idea what happened the stress must have been to much. My wilds are doing amazing though. I'm gonna let all my tanks settle for a week or so then revamp the tanks that I lost fish from.

Oh man, I feel bad for you. That is amazing how your wild ones coped so well. I know you would have done everything to make their transfer as stress free as possible. It's weird how losing some of your fish has made me feel. I guess in a way it's not so weird. I've gotten to know them through your photos.

Oh man, I feel bad for you. That is amazing how your wild ones coped so well. I know you would have done everything to make their transfer as stress free as possible. It's weird how losing some of your fish has made me feel. I guess in a way it's not so weird. I've gotten to know them through your photos.

Thanks man, I just have to look forward to what projects I want now. My male apistogramma cacatuoides is looking better so I will probably get him some new females. I'm not sure if I will stay invested in the rams or go fully into apistogramma. Hard decisions are ahead, defiantly not giving up though.

Thanks man, I just have to look forward to what projects I want now. My male apistogramma cacatuoides is looking better so I will probably get him some new females. I'm not sure if I will stay invested in the rams or go fully into apistogramma. Hard decisions are ahead, defiantly not giving up though.

That's the spirit. Rams are hard to resist but considering you have had experience with these, maybe go for something new and come back to them down the track. Glad your cacatuoides is on the improve. They are great looking little cichlids.

That's the spirit. Rams are hard to resist but considering you have had experience with these, maybe go for something new and come back to them down the track. Glad your cacatuoides is on the improve. They are great looking little cichlids.
Yea not sure what I'm gonna do lol

I got a wee cockatoo cichlid :) had him for 2days

Attachments

• image-1628215585.jpg
    image-1628215585.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 90
I was just doing a water change and found that there was a pit behind some drift wood with some debris at the bottom so i went with my siphon to get it and then my female ram charged at my hand and pecked my a bunch and kept pecking my until i got away from the pit. Could this be breeding behavior?

I was just doing a water change and found that there was a pit behind some drift wood with some debris at the bottom so i went with my siphon to get it and then my female ram charged at my hand and pecked my a bunch and kept pecking my until i got away from the pit. Could this be breeding behavior?

Probably eggs in the pit!

My rosy barbs find my arm hairs VERY tasty. So there's 2 possibilities. The more likely one: she found she enjoys the taste of human flesh. Or there's a slight possibility that she was protecting eggs

My rosy barbs find my arm hairs VERY tasty. So there's 2 possibilities. The more likely one: she found she enjoys the taste of human flesh. Or there's a slight possibility that she was protecting eggs

When ever i am attacked by rams 100% of the time there is a nest somewhere nearby.

I think my GBRs paired up:D! They have been glued to each other and I caught them rubbing together once. Also my males nose has become a really really dark red (used to be a light reddish color). Not sure that means anything. The females belly has colored up quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom