Dwarf Cichlids!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got some baby Apisto cacatuoides triple red's at an auction on Sunday, can't be more than a month old just barely hitting 3/8" right now Been keeping them in a grow out with some guppy fry and RCS, and have been feeding them crushed flakes and decapsulated brine shrimp, should I be doing anything else? This isn't my first round with apistos, just Apisto fry

Oh, and I also got some better pictures of my Apisto Trifasciata trio (male is pictured twice)
Oh, and I can't remember who it was that was interested in the tris but if you still are, I'm ready to sell

Nice they look like mine

Haha indeed! They certainly know how to hide. But when food is dropped in all of a sudden they are not so incognito!

How's everyone's dwarfs doing?

Kinda bad, a while ago i got some neons from petsmart and in a week they had ich, which passed to my BN pleco (who died from adding salt) and then to my GBRs but not the kuhli loaches. Well i treated it with temp of 84° and added salt and meds. After a couple weeks of treatment everything looked great everyone is still eating but now ich is back in a minor stage. Found the neons and both rams scrapeing against DW alot. Gonna add some stress coat to try to help them recover.

I had ich from some rainbows. I had my tank up to 86 and the ich just got worse so I ended up treating with quick cure

Ive been useing kordon rid ich plus which cures ich,fungal dieases, and protozoan. It got rid of it the first time but it came back and it hasnt been doing to well.

Here's my male. I like his lyretail

They're more colorful with the lights off. Isn't it suppose to be the other way around?

Attachments

• image-2016914655.jpg
    image-2016914655.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 80
Ive been useing kordon rid ich plus which cures ich,fungal dieases, and protozoan. It got rid of it the first time but it came back and it hasnt been doing to well.

+1 Rid Ich + rules! I'll have to get a pic of my new rams in my moms tank. All's well in my 40B, hopefully I see some breeding action when I get my RO system this week,

My LFS just got in wild collected apistos from Peru, I can't remember both species, but one is a. eunotus "santa ana". The co-owner of the LFS actually went to Peru to collect, these are just one of the gems he brought back. My favorite was the crenicara punctulata, a super rare checkerboard dwarf that is almost never seen in the hobby, he's going to start breeding them, but has a price tag of $3000 on his group of 4 adults

Guys i think my rams are breeding finally! They are kinda knudgeing each other and circling around each others bodys. They are hanging out next to this flat tan rock alot, i they have laid eggs than i cant see them.

I can't wait for my apistos to start breeding. Or at least to show sighns of pairing up. My tank is completely planted and I have 2 caves. What else should I provide them?

My rams breeding seems to be a one time thing. The females belly has never darkened again. The male constantly tries to show of to her, though.

Back
Top Bottom