Dwarf Cichlids!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea if got empty take all over. I'm getting some thirtys and I've got 10s and 5.5s. I've got 135 with a stand waiting for when ever as well. They just came in on the 25th so I don't think anyone has had a chance to pair up. But like I said the panduro was flashing in the bag

Lucky you have so many tanks! Hopefully you get a pair! Will you be getting any more apisto's?

For sure! Last night while acclimating the girlfriend said she wants more cacatuoides and I was like you want more of those or more different species? Now we are on board for more different species.

For sure! Last night while acclimating the girlfriend said she wants more cacatuoides and I was like you want more of those or more different species? Now we are on board for more different species.

You'll have half of the known species of apisto's soon! Just wish i had more tanks for different dwarf cichlids

I wish I had more room for them too!
I'm sending off the rest of my rams next week, so hopefully I'll be able to order some more types soon. All I have that isn't sold yet is the trifasciata trio, I'd like to get some cacatouides (sp) triple red or red flash, and a pair of gold rams too eventually, but I know that I'll have a while's wait

I've uploaded a picture of their 10. Actual tank is a lot dimmer than the picture shows. I've got LEDs on it and they are so bright. Until they are really acclimated I flipped them around to give just a little light

Well it's been two days ad everyone is looking great. Apistogramma baenschi are showing some color now. They are liking blood worms and flakes. I put nls pellets in and I'm not sure if they ate them or the pleco cleaned them up in the night

Here's a pic a I snapped on my phone of my angel ram Phil.

image-1236260972.jpg

Attachments

• image-4175954319.jpg
    image-4175954319.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 103
An angel is a blue ram that is breed to have a morphed body shape. I don't tend to like them but they do have good color. IMO the gene makes them weaker

ID

Hi !

I just got these 3 today. Can anyone help me identify exactly which dwarf they are. At one of the LFS they had a tank full of these and just said "dwarf cichlid" So I picked up a trio.

Never had these before. They seem to have adapted rather well. Have even been eating my plants already :eek:. What other tanks mates could I get them? Currently my stock in this tank is this trio and 2 small plecos and a couple ram snails on 100L.

1M & 2F

Attachments

• 20130805_195430.jpg
    20130805_195430.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 20130805_195538.jpg
    20130805_195538.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 87
They are apistogramma cacatuoides (possibly orange flash?). They should be fine with plants maybe take a nibble here and there. They do well in a community type tanks such as tetras and other small schooling fish.

Thanks ! I was just reading up, is it possible to get another trio or is that asking for problems ? Although I will look into some tetras , although I am neon'ed out had those for years as a kid. :)

Thanks, I think for a start as well is best since Im new to the species.

These dwarfs are really interesting although I am starting to worry about this trio's behavior. The male constantly swims through the tank chasing any one of the females out of any of the 1 caves or hiding spots if they tend to be there. (I have about 3 nice sized caves in different areas of the tank). the females will also push each other around at any given time randomly. Although they do tend to school unless broken up or starting to hang out in a cave, then they will push each other around. Is this normal ? Should I be concerned ? A LFS guy told me to add 2 more females although I am skeptical on doing this?

edit: they have been in now for 24 hours.

Any thought ? Cheers.:thanks:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom