eel with african cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a peacock with my africans for 5 years. I fed him bloodworms with a turkey baster so i could shoot the food right to him. Unfortunately he died during an ich outbreak

Haven't turned the lights on but when I released him he went straight into a cave and I haven't seen him since.

garfy said:
Well hopefully your gang haven't hunted him down and he's ok.It's possible you won't see him for a few days.

Yeah I hope he's ok, but they sure were on the hunt last night! I was watching them and they were in every little hole. They knew something had entered there home.

haha thats what Cichlids do :) they hunt my finger/arm when it goes in the tank so I can imagine.

Gboy66 said:
Really, that worked? Hm, i wouldnt think so since peacocks are pretty small. But then again, mine never pays attention to anything. He will run right into fish!

You can have Peacock Eels with Africans? I would love a Peacock Eel but have been told they cannot hand with Mbuna. What does it eat?

jasadell said:
You can have Peacock Eels with Africans? I would love a Peacock Eel but have been told they cannot hand with Mbuna. What does it eat?

I wouldnt think you could. Id think a peacock eel would be attacked, they dont get too big. A zig zag peacock would work IMO. They eat bloodworm cubes, thats all i have ever gotten mine to eat so far. He rips the entire thing out of your hand.

Gboy66 said:
I wouldnt think you could. Id think a peacock eel would be attacked, they dont get too big. A zig zag peacock would work IMO. They eat bloodworm cubes, thats all i have ever gotten mine to eat so far. He rips the entire thing out of your hand.

You should try small pieces of earthworms. They love them and I had two with my mbuna and they hid a lot but where never bothered.

Bully405Customz said:
You should try small pieces of earthworms. They love them and I had two with my mbuna and they hid a lot but where never bothered.

Where do you get earthworms?? Haha

Gboy66 said:
Where do you get earthworms?? Haha

I get giant red worms but it's the same thing ... Personally I have a really good mom and pop lfs they a wing of their store dedicated to reptiles spiders snakes they haves red worms meal worms everything. If not gas stations bait shops.

Haha well...i dont have any of those things around here! Iv never seen a gas station with worms, my lfs has bloodworms but thats it. And we dont have a walmart....weird! I guess i could dig?

Gboy66 said:
Haha well...i dont have any of those things around here! Iv never seen a gas station with worms, my lfs has bloodworms but thats it. And we dont have a walmart....weird! I guess i could dig?

Lol nowadays there has to be a walmart close to you.

Back
Top Bottom