Fasting African Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cornstar

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was wondering how long I could fast my cichlids since I won't be home for 2 weeks and I want to limit the nitrate as much as possible in the mean time. These are mbunas ranging from 1inch to 4 inches n

Basically how long can I go without feeding them? I could have my mom feed once a week or twice a week. Anyone?

I was wondering how long I could fast my cichlids since I won't be home for 2 weeks and I want to limit the nitrate as much as possible in the mean time. These are mbunas ranging from 1inch to 4 inches n

Basically how long can I go without feeding them? I could have my mom feed once a week or twice a week. Anyone?

Twice a week will be fine IMO.

I would do a PWC right before you leave, and use an automatic feeder, with very little output, like a small amount once a day. If it were me I would want to prevent them form nipping off eachothers fins. They also sell vacation food, that lasts for like a week I think, I have never used it, and I heard that pleco's (if you have any) like to devour the vacation food stone things.

hope I helped.

I would do a PWC right before you leave, and use an automatic feeder, with very little output, like a small amount once a day. If it were me I would want to prevent them form nipping off eachothers fins. They also sell vacation food, that lasts for like a week I think, I have never used it, and I heard that pleco's (if you have any) like to devour the vacation food stone things.

hope I helped.

My mom is home so she could feed for me. I just wanted to fast them for digestive and nitrate reasons

Thanks though

Back
Top Bottom