Favorite Cichlid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jewel cichlids,about 6 inches. they need 40-50 gallons

Festae, largest ones I think are up to 15".... Here's Hukits beautiful female :) .... (She's famous hukit haha)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120904_221854.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120904_221854.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 106
Green Terrors (8 - 12 inches) and Jack Dempseys (8-10 inches). Would like to own an Oscar one day though if I ever get a big enough tank.

chew valley said:
Green Terrors (8 - 12 inches) and Jack Dempseys (8-10 inches). Would like to own an Oscar one day though if I ever get a big enough tank.

Oscars are great. They are my fav i call mine my water puppy. And theres many sites that say they only get 12-16 in tanks but they can get 24 inchs n weigh over 3 lbs. :-D and they have such personalitys mines a baby when i move things around he hangs at the bottem for a while like hes upset or sum thing lol

Hi, I'm new to this site. I'm not sure if I am posting in the correct place, but I am wanting some advice on my 55 g tank. Currently I have 3 yellow labs and 1 Chinese algea eater in it. I want to add some new fish to my tank. Does anyone have any suggestions on what would work with my current fish? Thanks pam

Pam is here said:
Hi, I'm new to this site. I'm not sure if I am posting in the correct place, but I am wanting some advice on my 55 g tank. Currently I have 3 yellow labs and 1 Chinese algea eater in it. I want to add some new fish to my tank. Does anyone have any suggestions on what would work with my current fish? Thanks pam

You can really only put lake Malawi cichlids in it with those.

Thank you, do you have and suggestion of which fish goes well with them that are colorful?

Pundamilia Nyererei, here is mine :D his barring is usually a lot more pronounced than in this pic, te females are also attractive :D

Attachments

• image-3132507188.jpg
    image-3132507188.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 105
  • image-2688127365.jpg
    image-2688127365.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 83
Pam is here said:
Those are beautiful. Thanks so much. I will try and find them in my area.

Oh, I was responding to the favorite Cichlid post! These are Victorian Cichlids, I have then with my Mbuna, not recommended but fare very well! These guys are full of pride!

Where do you live? I breed them, but I must say that I dont think your Labs can put up with them as they are very aggressive...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom