feeling kind of dumb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmk6

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have an mbuna tank with kenyii, yellow labs, red zebras, bumble bees, and synodontis petricolas. I have a yellow lab i know is holding and she has her hang out. well today I see a little fry swimming around that space and I am like dang she cross bred with my kenyii. Well my local Petco will take them anyway (no money but hey they take them and give them a chance). So I pull my rocks out of the tank and I am stunned by the number of these fry and then I see that it is not a cross but I had a Kenyii that was holding i never noticed:eek:. So I am trying like hell to scoop up these fry and momma ain't having it. She bit my hand, net, fingers, ect. I managed to get about 5 fry to my 15 gallon nursery but she scooped a bunch and the others got ate. I am responsible for the ones that got ate had i not gone in there then they would have died on their own. At least my yellow lab is still holding. I got that going for me.

I don't take my fry out and they all make it. If you have really little hiding spots they will stay in them till thy get bigger. Mine start going in and out to where you can see them a little when they get about 1" big.

Back
Top Bottom