Female usually have spots on them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CichlidLady0312

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello?

Just picked up another ob hybrid. She/he is a yellow and blue spots. When I purchased this ob I figure d she was male. He/she is a nice bright yellow. Anyways. I notice a spot does thelat mean shes female

Hello?

Just picked up another ob hybrid. She/he is a yellow and blue spots. When I purchased this ob I figure d she was male. He/she is a nice bright yellow. Anyways. I notice a spot does thelat mean shes female

Males and females have spots. That's not an accurate way to tell sex. There isn't one unless you vent them. Male usually have more spots than ladies but nothings solid. Is it a on zebra or peacock?

Yup. I just purchased a yellow ob peacock simce putting her in tank shes beeb going aroumd in circles w the other ob I have....and I thought she was a male. Clearly I was worng

Yup. I just purchased a yellow ob peacock simce putting her in tank shes beeb going aroumd in circles w the other ob I have....and I thought she was a male. Clearly I was worng

Ob peacock an dragons blood/fire fish are about the only peacocks that males and females looks similar

Lol I think they were spawning....my male ob n female ob

Ahh I got ya. Well you don't know if its male and female really. AND you can't miss if it happens. Peacocks and mbuna are mouth brooders! The female carries the eggs in her mouth till they hatch them she spite em out! Google female peacock holding. And you'll get some info. Read up on it.

My saulosi ( yellow one ) is holding in her mouth. Lips kinda pucker and the jowels below chin swell up. Other pics are fish not holding eggs. Just the yellow one is.

Attachments

• image-1410183673.jpg
    image-1410183673.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 65
  • image-1189431737.jpg
    image-1189431737.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 61
  • image-267170599.jpg
    image-267170599.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 59
Cant see the picture. But my female hasnt really beemn eating since. Maybe she is/isnt? Would uou beable to see the eggs in her mouth?

It's hard to see the eggs. Doubt you could. I she's not eating an it looks like she has something in her mouth than she I'd likely holding eggs. If she's not eating and mouth looks normal she's likely sick or stressed

I noticed her also wanting food but backed away. And she was eating right after I placed her into the tank. Thats y im wondering

You can definitely tell when a fish is holding eggs in her mouth. Just by looking u can immediately tell. If u can't say she is then if say she is not and she/he prob isn't eating due to stress or illness. Post a pic. We can't really help u if you don't know what your looking for - or show what you are looking at, ya know what I mean?

More than likely she is holding. Mine will do that a lot but they are still young and tend to spit them out after a few days. I read where it takes them a couple of times of practicing holding before getting it right

Back
Top Bottom