filter advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

r055i74

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have a fluval u4 in a 200l tank with 160l water. I intend on probably 15 peacocks in this eventually. My question is will this be enough or should I up grade to a fluval 306 or something similar?
Thanks in advance

Kyle

You have an internal filter in a 50 gallon tank ? Not a problem there as I use like 5 internal filters in my various tanks. Including one in my 92g and 30g tank... However I don't use them as my main filter but more of a secondary.. I would deff upgrade and buy a canister or a good HOB filter

Thanks. The U4 says 1000l p/h which im guessing will be enough but a canister filter would give more filtration and hold more media?

Thanks. The U4 says 1000l p/h which im guessing will be enough but a canister filter would give more filtration and hold more media?

Yes, I had a u4 on a 150 gallon and it was really backup to canisters. The functionality is great but only a small cage for biomedia. A canister will hold far more media and filtration pads.

Back
Top Bottom