First ever african cichlid tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tank looks good I just added new false plants Today my cichlids have already had a nibble they look good

That looks like the perfect habit for cichlids how they get on with the sand? I use gravel

Thank you, BTW This is my 1st Ciclid tank also, I have two salt reef tanks also...

image-542581472.jpg

image-1267872603.jpg

Lighting for the Africans is a Coralife Hood, 4 bulb compact flourescent 65 watts ea. 2 10k white and 2 marine actinic.

Sand bed is a mixture of Caribisea size 00 coral, Seachem Cichlid Onyx sand and gravel mix.

Fish (all Cichlids except an upside down catfish, and Featherfin catfish) the Cichlids get along fine with the Cats...

3 Bumblebee
3 Electric Yellow
3 common Malawi yellow
3 common Malawi orange
5 Acei (blue w/ yellow)
3 Jeweled Cichlids
1 E.B. Johanni
1 OB Peacock
3 other Peacocks LFS called them common

I made the mistake of putting two Trophs (a red and yellow banded in the original mix of 18 fish), one killed the other and then started to bully the tank relentlessly and I had to get rid of it...

Thank you, BTW This is my 1st Ciclid tank also, I have two salt reef tanks also...

Lighting for the Africans is a Coralife Hood, 4 bulb compact flourescent 65 watts ea. 2 10k white and 2 marine actinic.

Sand bed is a mixture of Caribisea size 00 coral, Seachem Cichlid Onyx sand and gravel mix.

Fish (all Cichlids except an upside down catfish, and Featherfin catfish) the Cichlids get along fine with the Cats...

3 Bumblebee
3 Electric Yellow
3 common Malawi yellow
3 common Malawi orange
5 Acei (blue w/ yellow)
3 Jeweled Cichlids
1 E.B. Johanni
1 OB Peacock
3 other Peacocks LFS called them common

I made the mistake of putting two Trophs (a red and yellow banded in the original mix of 18 fish), one killed the other and then started to bully the tank relentlessly and I had to get rid of it...

Hey cool! You have piranha cardinals :D one of my favorite salt water fish. Your tanks all look really cool :)

I guessed :p seriously though, I do that all the time... XD

Back
Top Bottom