...Fish Identification...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OsciTheOscar

Aquarium Advice FINatic
photo(2).JPG

photo(3).JPG

photo(4).JPG I know this is a blood parrot i just had a question about him, i thought they were supposed to turn orange, but ive had him for almost 5 months now and no change, looks like hes got the color under him but its not really shinning through...

Orange Blotch and German Red peacocks.

They really don't mix well so the parrot color may reflect his stress level.

this parrot was one of my original fish, and the cichlids came after... ive never seen him any other colors other than brown, and pale skin color with a horizontal black stripe...

Just a color variant.

Orange Blotch and German Red peacocks.

They really don't mix well so the parrot color may reflect his stress level.

Understatement. The peacocks are African cichlids, the BP is a SA hybrid. They need different tank conditions and shouldn't really be kept together. :nono:

i realize this, as hukit and i spoke about this in my other thread about my Tiger Oscar... im new to all these things, and now im a slight bit more educated on all this...

im planning on getting another 55 gal. tank in the near future, i just need to get my vehicle fixed up and inspected first... no vehicle, no job, no job, no anything...

so when all is said and done ill have a SA cichlid tank and an African cichlid tank...

and are we sure its an OB peacock... cause its pink with a purplish blue secondary color

and are we sure its an OB peacock... cause its pink with a purplish blue secondary color

They range in color from pink, orange, purple, and yellow. They're a man made fish that no two fish are alike. Just google image to see the infinite color combinations.

yea i tried findin one with the same colors, but couldnt... i hate knowing i have a man made fish...

i realize this, as hukit and i spoke about this in my other thread about my Tiger Oscar... im new to all these things, and now im a slight bit more educated on all this...

im planning on getting another 55 gal. tank in the near future, i just need to get my vehicle fixed up and inspected first... no vehicle, no job, no job, no anything...

so when all is said and done ill have a SA cichlid tank and an African cichlid tank...

Yup Osci and I discussed his fish and stocking levels and he learned great deal. So can't wait till they can separate and maybe see some new pictures, the peacocks are showing great color, very nice!

blood parrots are not always man made...

yea im getting another 55 in the next couple months... i wish i could get it sooner but its just not gonna be able to happen... I cant wait to see them separated too!

yea i really enjoy the peacock cichlids cause they all have some great color variations! the german peacocks name is blade, his dorsal fin, from the top, looks like a saw blade... with its white tips being offset looks like it... and then the blood red color is a good addition to his name!

the nimbochromis venustus name is ghillie, due to the camo colors and such, the OB is names Pinkie, the blood parrot is named Tard, and so on, i have names for all my fish but i wont bore you guys...

blood parrots are not always man made...

yea im getting another 55 in the next couple months... i wish i could get it sooner but its just not gonna be able to happen... I cant wait to see them separated too!

yea i really enjoy the peacock cichlids cause they all have some great color variations! the german peacocks name is blade, his dorsal fin, from the top, looks like a saw blade... with its white tips being offset looks like it... and then the blood red color is a good addition to his name!

the nimbochromis venustus name is ghillie, due to the camo colors and such, the OB is names Pinkie, the blood parrot is named Tard, and so on, i have names for all my fish but i wont bore you guys...

Technically no fish are "man made", but yeah... every BP in existence would not be if not for intentional hybridization. It's not personally my thing, but we had one for a very long time and they are cool fish.

They theroize the blood parrot is a hybrid of a severum and red devil. They are certainly man made, another I dislike them personally is that they're all sterile.

well there are actualy parrot fish, but not these ugly creatures... i have this blood parrot cause the guy i bought the tank off of had him in the tank and was just gonna flush him if i didnt take him so i took him in.. hes probably about 4-5 inches now... for him its not so much length as it is thickness, id say hes wider than a $.25 coin maybe more like a half dollar... i just feel so bad for these fish cause they cant close their mouths therefor making it harder to feed... you watch them feed and you know they want these big meals, but they just have to settle for the sinking pellets that fall into their mouths... and i also feel bad for naming him "tard" but really... look at the fish, its always giving you a dumb look haha...

so i have a nice stand for a tank that i would like to actually use for my next tank... its dimensions are about 2'x3'... wondering if theres a deep and tall tank that would fit on there, or whats the biggest possible tank i could fit on it...

Obviously, you shouldn't get a tank that is more than 2' X 3' if that is the length and width of the stand...

They are certainly man made, another I dislike them personally is that they're all sterile.

A few people have had success breeding them in home aquaria.

They're just an award fish because of they are hybridized.

I got mine from someone moving who was gonna throw her in the creek. They're odd for sure, but I have grown to love mine. I call her "the abomonation."

Obviously, you shouldn't get a tank that is more than 2' X 3' if that is the length and width of the stand...

A few people have had success breeding them in home aquaria.

They're just an award fish because of they are hybridized.

I got mine from someone moving who was gonna throw her in the creek. They're odd for sure, but I have grown to love mine. I call her "the abomonation."

I've heard that about breeding at home as well, and couldnt find any verified pictures or anything to back it up. it's funny this came up, even the newest magazine of Tropical Fish has them as their cichlid of month and talks about their sterile and no know reports on home breeding.

well there are actualy parrot fish, but not these ugly creatures... i have this blood parrot cause the guy i bought the tank off of had him in the tank and was just gonna flush him if i didnt take him so i took him in.. hes probably about 4-5 inches now... for him its not so much length as it is thickness, id say hes wider than a $.25 coin maybe more like a half dollar... i just feel so bad for these fish cause they cant close their mouths therefor making it harder to feed... you watch them feed and you know they want these big meals, but they just have to settle for the sinking pellets that fall into their mouths... and i also feel bad for naming him "tard" but really... look at the fish, its always giving you a dumb look haha...

You need to change that poor fishes name for the love of Jesus. Poor thing he can't help it he looks like that or his mouth is deformed, talk to the chinese who created thes poor souls. So come on no more "tars talk".

Back
Top Bottom