...Fish Identification...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've heard that about breeding at home as well, and couldnt find any verified pictures or anything to back it up

I will definately agree I have never seen it for my own eyes nor do I have conclusive proof of home breeding.

I will definately agree I have never seen it for my own eyes nor do I have conclusive proof of home breeding.

I wonder why the sterilty, any idea if it was intentional or a result of the hybridizing process? I think that's the tradgick thing about them.

I've heard about blood parrots breeding at home also, but never seen any pics (never looked hard for them tbh)

The sterility thing could just be from the hybridization itself. Mother nature tries hard to limit things that shouldn't be.

You need to change that poor fishes name for the love of Jesus. Poor thing he can't help it he looks like that or his mouth is deformed, talk to the chinese who created thes poor souls. So come on no more "tars talk".

sorry its his name now, i have another small one, and i got him cause he was so social at the store... came right up to the glass... i brought him home and he would just HIDE all day... so i named him "Tim Tim" short for Timid Timmy...

i was hoping to at least get a 40 gal tank... looks like they might only sell 36" long 40 gal tanks?

I don't think parrot fish are all that bad, and I've noticed that there is different degrees of "deformation" in them. The thing I hate most is the tatooed ones

I saw some at petsmart yesterday that you could tell were crossed with convicts and some that were crossed with firemouths.

The convict and blood parrot abomination is a jellybean convict, another fish breed that should be put out it's misery.

I've never heard of parrots bred with firemouths.

I've kept jellybean parrots before and they honestly just seemed like baloon convicts and their mouths worked

Aquadestroyer said:
How could you tell?

I could tell because the fish had the coloration/ markings of a convict or firemouth just in the shape of a blood parrot.

HUKIT The jellybeans weren't tattooed/dyed thank god but I agree its an abomination. I have actually herd of several accounts of male fire mouths fertilizing female BP eggs.

I could tell because the fish had the coloration/ markings of a convict or firemouth just in the shape of a blood parrot.

HUKIT The jellybeans weren't tattooed/dyed thank god but I agree its an abomination. I have actually herd of several accounts of male fire mouths fertilizing female BP eggs.

I'm aware they were not dyed, just a female pink con and male parrot. My concern is how that weakens the gene pool of those fish, and every spawn continues to get weaker till we the people from "The hills have eyes". It's like a labradoodle, some things are better left to mother nature and man upstairs.

I'm aware they were not dyed, just a female pink con and male parrot. My concern is how that weakens the gene pool of those fish, and every spawn continues to get weaker till we the people from "The hills have eyes". It's like a labradoodle, some things are better left to mother nature and man upstairs.

Ah I see, yes its a shame that people weaken those poor fishes gene pool.

When those mutant fish rise from the water along with the zombies(i know theyre in cohoots togther. I'm ready with millions of rounds and a few fish nets from my boat the SS Jenny, I can outlast them.

When those mutant fish rise from the water along with the zombies(i know theyre in cohoots togther. I'm ready with millions of rounds and a few fish nets from my boat the SS Jenny, I can outlast them.

Haha I agree they are in cohoots *moves closer to Huk*

Believe it or not I once had a red parrot but later the colour went! Found out from a breeder that some people inject colours in parrot to sell them at good price and it was true cos mine became yellow day by day! after 6 month it was fully yellow!

Believe it or not I once had a red parrot but later the colour went! Found out from a breeder that some people inject colours in parrot to sell them at good price and it was true cos mine became yellow day by day! after 6 month it was fully yellow!

Dyed fish is somewhat uncommon but not unheard of, they use chemicals to strip off the fishes slime coat, most are albino forms then the fish swim around in the dye, or just plain injected with dye or even tattoos nowadays. As you can imagine there is alot of casualties and the ones that make it have a very short life span. I've seen everything from albino tiger oscars dyed into "blueberry" oscars to African peacocks showing full color at a inch. Buying these fish only continues the cycle, anytime you seems dyed, injected, or tattooed fish discuss with the store owner how it's inhumane and vow never to return until the fish are no longer sold. It seems alot of these fish come from asia and most store owners buy them not knowing what they're been through, at least I would like to believe that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom