Fry question??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erickC.

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 9 yellow labs that are about 3 weeks old. I just moved them out of the breeding box and into a five gal tank. Now in my breeding box I have two holding females. One red zebra who is three weeks and the fry has hatched in her mouth, and one cobalt who is about two weeks along. My question is what the hell do I do with all these fish. I have a 55 gal with 17 cichlids and a pleco. I asked one lfs if they bought fry and they said they took donations. I asked if they donate them back to the public and of course they said they sell them. I'm not putting money in anyone else's pockets. I do not mind giving them away but not like that. Any ideas on what I can do to sell them or should I just let them start spitting in the tank?

Check with other fish shops in your area or post an ad online. If you run out of space in the meantime then let them spit in the tank. Also typically fry aren't ready to sell till they are about 1 inch long.

I know many wnt like this but you have alot on your hands alreadyso stop trying to save every fry and just let the momma spit em out in your big tank. let nature take its course just like in the wild.

Put them on Craigslist for $1-3 depending on size after they're at least a half inch. You won't get rich but if you want the experience of raising them it will pay for the food. IMO its a better choice than the LFS. That's where I got my start with yellow labs a year ago.

Back
Top Bottom