German blue ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kalikingsmoke

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I got 2 German blue rams yesterday. I put them in my 75 gallon with a couple other cichlids. They seem to be doing okay they keep with each other but when I fed them last night and this morning they didn't eat. I feed the tank flake food and every other fish eats it just fine but these too arnt. How long should I wait before I begin to worry? The water is good and the temp is 75 all around and my new heater cones in this weekend so I'll raise it a bit. What could be wrong?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You should do a bit if research in the needs if these guys, they are not the easiest fish, they prefer a temp of 80-82, a lower ph and a well established tank ( cycled and running 3-4 months) as for not eating they're prob still getting settled, give it a day or two.

The tanks been running for about a year almost. The pH I need to get a test kit. But all the rocks I have are artificial except for the sea shells. I'm just worried about the eating cuz all the others I got ate the same night I had gotten them.

The tanks been running for about a year almost. The pH I need to get a test kit. But all the rocks I have are artificial except for the sea shells. I'm just worried about the eating cuz all the others I got ate the same night I had gotten them. Sent from my SPH-D710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Sea shells? How much? Did you acclimate the rams?

I have about 6 small sea shells from the pet store. And yes I did acclimate them.

Lots of sea shells and such will raise you ph alot. Also rams are quite timid as far as aggression goes what other cichlids do you have them with? They could be being bullied.

Let me look up there names real quick its been a while since I've had to use there names so I forgot lol. Also quick off topic question is it safe to put Chrysocolla, Amazonite, Quartz, Lava rocks in my tank?

I got four Rams in my tank they like high temp I keep mine in 84 to 85.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom