Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-27-2011, 02:12 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

German blue ram..s

I bought two German Blue rams a number of months ago asking for a male and a female. It's been those months and I'm pretty sure I can conclude with the fact that I was given two males. Due to the identical markings and colour and the fact that they now fight amongst themselves now and then. Nothing serious, but one is definitely getting the worse end of it, stress is dulling the colour of his precious scales, it comes back- but my question is how could I curb the aggression, all I have is a 29G right now, I've got a 46G in the makes too. Should I add a female or two?
Please lemme know. Thanks in advance.

Old 11-27-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
PHP

Either make it heavily decorated or get rid of one of the males (Or just rehome it in the 46 gallon).

The dominant male will soon chase and stress the inferior male out so much, he may die or catch an illness (Disease of some sort) < Stress brings down the immune system. When the immune system is down or at least from normal level, the fish may be susceptible to disease >

Personally I don't think a 29 gallon is big enough for two pairs of rams, sorry.

Old 11-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I have to agree, I was put in the same position, with two males when I was assured one was female. Unfortunately no matter how much re-arranging I did one was stressed to death, and I Diddnt have another tank to separate them in, so I had to watch him get duller. Your best bet is to remove one if you can to another home somewhere.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:45 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Alright sounds like a plan. My tank is heavily planted. I have a small forest on one side lol. But it doesn't seem to do much. And I would have to concur with the two pairs being too many. Darn.
Thank you both.

Tags
blue ram, german blue ram, ram

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com