German Blues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spmex7

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was just wondering if anybody could explain if there is a reason when i bought my GBR from the LFS i purchased 6 with intention to pair them up depending on how many m and f i had and i believe all 6 r females. Is there a reason for this or did i just happen to luck out that bad were i got all females and no males?

Ive done research and from multiple sources but honestly have had mixed results. From what ive seen females have bright pinkish red bellys and have a blue sheen over there black spot, now what im unsure of to is i heard females have black on there pelvic fins and males dont but ive seen multiple videos of supposed males with black on there pelvic fins. As with the black spots males should just be black with no blue sheen. All my fish have black pelvic fins and blue sheens over there black spots only 2 dont have noticeable pink bellys.

Im no expert on sexing blue rams im actually new to this and have never owned then until now but have done hours upon hours of research and have a good idea of what im looking for and trying to do but def could use more info.

Back
Top Bottom