Got my Green Terror and Jack Dempsey today at Petsmart......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrcrazypants05

Aquarium Advice Freak
So yea I go in and one of the women that worked there came up and asked if I needed some help. I told her yes and that I wanted to get a jack dempsey cichlid, a green terror, and i wanted an oscar... the only oscar they had was their larger ones that are like 6" already. So I just got the GT and JD... The JD is about 2½" and the green terror is only about 1-1½". I have the giant danios that are each 3-3½" The lady told me that my fish would eat my danios. I knew this, but I listened. She then asked what size my tank was and what fish I had already and she told me I should only have cichlids and that oscars would kill my fish........ even the JD and GT........ Well atleast she knew a decent ammount of info for Petsmart. Overall I'm pretty happy with everything and I'll have to get some pics of my fishies!

I've noticed the same thing, lately. Like when I asked about getting a blood parrot cichlid, since want one for my 55 that I'm getting. Ended up getting one 'cause he was tiny, barely over an inch long. Knew he wouldn't outgrow my tank 'til I move him, or be there long enough to be stunted. That and I'd watched the tank at the store for 30 minutes to try and pick out the least aggressive one. :p

I tried that too but they all kind of seemed less aggresive in the tanks I got them from. The larger ones I could tell which were more aggressive. There was only small green terrors... but there were some larger JD's and I instantly saw the bully... the others would hide in a plant in the corner of the tank :(

I'm very pleased with petsmart's quality and quality of fish. Its realy uncomparible to any LFS I've scene. Even the fish only store at the mall.

I would get the JD's first.. they are the least aggresive of the 3..
the green terror would likely be able to handle itself in no time with the other two..

one more pic

lookatme.jpg

Nice pics! Your tank is going to be so cool when those fish grow up to be monsters! :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom