green terror potential disease?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vicdad999999

Aquarium Advice Regular
I took this yesterday as I wanted to show him off as Hes pretty. But when I was videoing him I noticed a white splotch on his tail fin. I took a close up at 1:27 and on his anal fin 1:50 at the beginning of it looks torn? I have both pimafix and melafix but not sure if i should treat him with either as i dont know what exactly it is, I didnt notice these since Ive had him feb 10th. Its the first real cichlid Ive owned aside from the nile tilapia in a seperate tank,and dont want to beat myself up saying I should have treated it when i noticed it rather than waiting for it to get worse. the inhabitants are an asian upside down cat that never comes out,and 4 pimelodus pictus cats in a 55 gallon. Thanks for any help as I do tend to get paranoid and start worrying if i even suspect anyones sick.
0211131534 - YouTube

I took this yesterday as I wanted to show him off as Hes pretty. But when I was videoing him I noticed a white splotch on his tail fin. I took a close up at 1:27 and on his anal fin 1:50 at the beginning of it looks torn? I have both pimafix and melafix but not sure if i should treat him with either as i dont know what exactly it is, I didnt notice these since Ive had him feb 10th. Its the first real cichlid Ive owned aside from the nile tilapia in a seperate tank,and dont want to beat myself up saying I should have treated it when i noticed it rather than waiting for it to get worse. the inhabitants are an asian upside down cat that never comes out,and 4 pimelodus pictus cats in a 55 gallon. Thanks for any help as I do tend to get paranoid and start worrying if i even suspect anyones sick.
0211131534 - YouTube

I have two green terrors i don't know if i can be of any help but if you can get a more clear picture of that tail maybe i will be able to tell you if Ive seen it before.

Desperately trying to but his tail moves to fast for my camera to take a pic and they come out blurry.

Desperately trying to but his tail moves to fast for my camera to take a pic and they come out blurry.

Sometimes when i find something that i can't figure out i will put a quick search into Google usually other forums will come up with others describing my exact problem not only that but i sometimes find pictures of other fish with the same problem. Just search the internet somethings ought to come up that is similar to your problem. If you find a photo of a fish with a very similar problem post it here

Back
Top Bottom