Has anyone ever had this happen???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADCISCO

Aquarium Advice Freak
I went to Lexington yesterday and I bought a jewel cichlid. Being that I am going to put up my new 55 gallon this weekend and didnt have the room in the 10 for another breeding net I decided to put him in the breeding net in the community tank. Well I got up this morning and everything was fine....I came back a few hours later...no jewel cichlid!!!! I though what in the world...I started looking in the floor thinking that he might have jumped out this morning when I fed....no fish on the floor.....and then I got to looking and there he was.....just having the time of his life in the community tank with all the other fish!!!!!!!!!! He hasnt been picking on anyone....so far.....He's not huge but I was shocked that he jumped out of the breeder and into the tank with the other fish! Makes me wonder if I could buy younger Cichlid and and let them rome around in community tank before I put them in the 55! Hummmmmmmm. :lol: I am still shocked!

I was keeping a juvie convict in with my community tank for awhile, until he nipped at everyone!

Well he has made himself right at home!lol Seems to be pretty happy with everything. Checkin' out all the hiding spots!LOL At least now I know if I buy young cichlids that they can be put in the community tank for a little while!

Back
Top Bottom