I want a RED African?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squirrilah fish

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been searching, and trying for a while, and I'm thinking I'm just going to order one online. I've gotten German Reds, that where more orange, Super ruby reds that came out looking like Red Shoulders. I just want a deep deep all, or mostly RED peacock/hap/Mbuna whatever.

What should I be looking for that is going to be as red as possible?

Strawberry peacock maybe but I have seen orange ones too. I think a lot of it is just luck I've got a few I'm hoping will show some good red,crystal ruby red, German red, and an eureka, the ruby is turning a red orange my eureka lost his red when I put him in my main tank and my German red is still coloring up but he has potential. So I'm kind of in the same boat.

I've got an ngara flametail that has very striking red in him btw

Oh ya. See that's what I keep getting. Lots of Blue with a little red. I want like ALL red, with little to no blue. Like I've seen Ruby reds which are all a deep red, and just have a blue face, but any one I have gotten is either more orangey or has just the red shoulder, and the rest is blue.

Ya that's not bad, I have a juvenile strawberry right now. What I really want is this one. But every fish I have gotten just falls short, so I was hoping there's a reputable online store that will sell an adult, or at least one that is already colored.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397850703.870012.jpg

I do want to clarify, I know about food/tank mates/submissiveness. That hasn't been the problem, the problem has been finding a good strain.

I picked up a Juvi ngara flame tail for $2.00 today. Pretty confident it is a male, thanks for the suggestion. We'll see how it turns out. I was looking at some pictures online, and it's not exactly what I was looking for, but it's still a way cool fish. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397895513.108092.jpg

Yeah those are a really nice fish too. Its victorian right?

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No. Not victorian. Peacocks are all from malawi.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397930273.634930.jpg

Need help identified this guy.

Eureka jake
Lemon jake
Or
Albino red ruby.

I have the aqueon modular led with 2 colormax bulbs, so I highly doubt that is the problem. I just acted a red cap lethrinops figured I try something new. I'll post some pics when he settles in.

Back
Top Bottom