id this cichlids please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nathanden

Aquarium Advice Freak
He's my favorite for sure but id love to no his type so I can get a female For him he's light with yellow in Jim

ForumRunner_20130124_131438.jpg

ForumRunner_20130124_131426.jpg

Too me it kinda looks like a female Jack Dempsey, but not too much I guess... Pretty African Jewel in the background... Did you buy it from an assorted tank?

Its what was posted above it was in a snow white tank andbi.new.it.was.a.snow.white so I picked him up

Well I know its not a JD, but if it was assorted African, most of those that come sold that way will intermate with similar looking African cichlids that you can pick out from the same kinda assorted tank... I'd pick up a few if they are as cheap as they are here (few dollars each) and wait for a pair to emerge, then return the rest or if you'd like keep them... you may also want to get a female for your jewel if it doesn't have one already as the pair your trying to create will over power a single jewel. Good luck, hope this helped

I have pairs of every cichlids in my tank expect the one I'm.asking.about

Mbuna don't pair up they are Harem breeders.A male will mate with several females regardless of species.Theyre just not A one guy one girl kind of fish.My best guess would be that you have a male Kenyi or Metriaclima Lombardoi that's going through its colour change.

Back
Top Bottom