Input on 29 Gallon with Bolivian Ram centerpeice! --My build thread--

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks good, but you'll need more plants. Rams and Corys like places to hide.

Also, stop worrying about the oxygen. As long as you have a running filter, it's a non-issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I am planning to add plants, but having only a single t12 20 watt bulb in this deep of tank, im not sure what ill be able to grow. Id like to start with some java plants, but the local fish store here wont have any for a bit.

And sorry for the persistence on the oxygen thing, im a bit obsessive by nature about this stuff. My battle is that this filter produces so much current that my fish cant swim around without fighting a current, and the current pushes to the bottom and pushes back the sand around that area. Even set to lowest flow. So i have been trying to find the most aggitation i can acheive without peeling back my substrate and throwing my fish around. I might just get an air pump and try and find a filter end for it to stick somewhere to be sure of myself on this. At the moment i have found a nice sweet spot i think where there is only really current on the 5" or so the the right where they can play in when they want and get away as well. I need something to break the flow up

Fish definitely seem to be checking out my rock cave now! :) Should be a decent size for the ram i think

My 29 is filled to about an inch from the bottom of the lid, so there's almost no agitation. And despite being overstocked and having a water temp of 82, my fish have never had oxygen issues. If you want to oxygenate your water without added current, bubble wands are good for that.

Bolivian Rams like the nitrate level below 20 ppm, so you can obsess over that instead. :)

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

My 29 is filled to about an inch from the bottom of the lid, so there's almost no agitation. And despite being overstocked and having a water temp of 82, my fish have never had oxygen issues. If you want to oxygenate your water without added current, bubble wands are good for that.

Bolivian Rams like the nitrate level below 20 ppm, so you can obsess over that instead. :)

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Oh i will be! lol my water level is pretty up there too. Im going to try and prop the filter up another half inch to give it more room to fall still. And i need to figure out a way to be able to run the filter on a higher setting without peeling back my sand. Might try that trick with cutting a 2L pop bottle and putting that on the outtake

Back
Top Bottom