Kenyi won't finishing turning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phillips

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have had him in a 30 gallon for about 5 or 6 months and he has looked like that for at least the last two months. He's with a female kenyi that i got a few weeks ago to see if that would help and two calvus. Water parameters are perfect. Just wondering what everyone's ideas are on what's taking him so long.

image-2887202454.jpg

How many more fish do you have in there? I know this wasn't your question, but calvus can grow up to 6 inches or bigger. They need a pretty big tank.

I've had others on and off in the tank but mostly just them. And believe me I got plenty of time to worry about the calvus the grow ridiculously slow. I don't believe it's the tank. I've see. Plenty change with no problem in small tanks.

Is one of the calvis male? Maybe the other is acting as the dominant and she's not coloring up to avoid issues?

Is one of the calvis male? Maybe the other is acting as the dominant and she's not coloring up to avoid issues?

I'm not sure they are still very young but they don't interact with anyone else that is or has been in the tank. The kenyi is definitely the head honcho. I had to remove a yellow lab when he started to change due to fighting.

Back
Top Bottom