Leleupi question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fdsh5

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392682355.385525.jpg
I was able to pick up 4 leleupi yesterday at our auction for a steal. I was just wondering what set ups people are keeping theirs in and how aggressive they can be. I don't believe everything I read on google, I like to hear real world experience. I have a 75 gallon with silver dollars in it. Do you think it would be a blood bath?

They're not THAT aggressive, but they're extremely quirky. Mine rushes into my neolamprologus multifasciatus "nests" (shell groupings), them gets chased out and spazs out completely, starts shaking and flying around my tank. Then spends the next hour in it's little cave it built, and starts digging. They are weird fish. Mine is only in a 39 column tank with my multies and some julies and a small calvus. They do great in a tanganyikan community, but they will steal fry if given the chance

I put them in my 75 gallon tank with some silver dollars and barbs. I have a bunch of quartz and other cut outs from kitchen counters I made rock caves fromImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392688659.055665.jpg

I worked at an lfs and a customer had a leleupi that attacked a few frontosas

My experience is they are very aggressive. Not consistently chasing other fish but if anyone swims by "their" territory. Then they slam the other fish. I had mine with Frontosas as well.

Back
Top Bottom