light colored poo indicate disease?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haleybeth30

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi just noticed this, my venustus.. does white poo mean something bad? ty!

fish is still eating, maybe I have time? should I treat w salt? table salt or specialized? raise temp? to what? thank u

so pellets aren't supposed to be everyday food? I just got them, didn't soak the first time I gave them, did the second time. have given them twice in the last week, my fish are btwn 3 n 4 in. Could I have caused a blockage? =(

top fin med pellets ( thinking the med. might have been my first mistake) thats all they had... and cobalt cichlid flakes. I knew of NLS and would have spent the money.. Didnt see it at petco or uncle bills =(

I would ditch the Top Fin stuff and feed the Cobalt flakes which is a pretty decent food until you can find a higher quality pellet. He's having a hard times processing the lower quality foods, of the fish stops eating or spits food then you'll have to treat for a internal issue.

will do and thank you!!! I will watch closely.. any thoughts on if he will be ok? ever had em bounce back if it is constipation? any thing else I could do?

Stringy feces does not necessarily mean your fish is sick,, i use aquadine cichlid food,, and not prepackaged (actually combined from different dispensers at time of purchase) and my fish have stringy feces but are coloring up nice.

Stringy feces does not necessarily mean your fish is sick,, i use aquadine cichlid food,, and not prepackaged (actually combined from different dispensers at time of purchase) and my fish have stringy feces but are coloring up nice.

Stringy white feces is a great indication something is wrong, what your actually seeing the slime costing from digestive track which is far from good. Something is irritating the fish causing the intestinal walls to process through...not good. In most cases this is due to low quality foods that don't use quality digestable ingredients, and yes in some cases internal parasites. If your seeing this frequently I'd be throwing that food in the trash and picking up a better product.

I spoke w breeder, these fish purchased last wk. He had been feeding them every other day, we were fedding twice a day.. add in the crappy pellets and no wonder. It's looking more n more like constipation. I'm slightly relieved n hope he will get better. I'm glad I noticed, was because I've been checking for any sign of male coloration. =)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130617_231305.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130617_231305.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 67
Hukit the store from which i purchase my fish is a great store but now that i think about it they are probably promoting the product.... What food do you recommend. New life spectrum??

Back
Top Bottom