Lost fish! Warning!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Km84

Aquarium Advice Freak
I lost one of my fish yesterday! I came home from being away for the weekend to find my yellow lab dead inside the mouth of my dragon! :( he loved to swim in any tight spot he could find so i removed anything he coukd get in. But i left the dragon that blows bubbles because my eel lives in it. I never thought he would fit in it. Seems he swam in one end and couldnt get past the part that releases the bubbles. I wasnt home to help him. :( i feel awful! So i know this isnt a question like i should be posting. Its more a warning to people to learn from my mistake .

So the warning is that bubbling dragons will eat african cichlids? Noted.

Really sorry for your loss. :(

Darn dragon! He was a very pretty fish and with very odd behavors lol i just want people to be aware that some things though were made to be in a tank arw t neccesarily good to put in the tank. Especially with fish that still think they are tiny and want to explore every nook and crany!

im so sorry, do you have by chance a stripped peacock eel i have wanted one so bad but was afraid it wouldn't work in the tank. is this ok to have on in the tank

Yea my Peacock eel used to like to swim inside my Aztec bubble head, but I was always nervous because alot of the times the inside of things like that aren't prepared with as much caution as the outside. Thought he might get cut or something.

im so sorry, do you have by chance a stripped peacock eel i have wanted one so bad but was afraid it wouldn't work in the tank. is this ok to have on in the tank

My male yellow lab took a couple of chunks out of my striped peacocks tail one day so I had to move him. I would say it's probably a case by case basis but make sure you have a back up plan in case.

right so if i put it in my soon to be 55g malawi tank and it got ugly could i put it in my 29g?

T-man02 said:
right so if i put it in my soon to be 55g malawi tank and it got ugly could i put it in my 29g?

Assuming you don't have an Oscar or even more aggressive fish in your 29 gal then yea that would work fine.

Back
Top Bottom