Metro dosing help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmedic25

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so I got some seachem metro. Most of my fish still eat, a few do not. Should I dose the tank and the food? Or seperate the sick ones and dose the hosp. tank. Seachem metro advertises safe for bio filters. Any help would be great. Thanks,
Justin

This is what I would do. Use 500mg per 100L (26gal) twice a day. Metro breaks down in water.

Put the 500mg in a mortar and pestles to gind it into the finest powder possible. Mix in some tank water and make a slurry. Put a few food pellets in the slurry to soak up the medication.

Empty the whole lot into the tank rinsing out all of the medication. Those fish that eat will get a better dose.

Make sure your tank temperature is about 30 deg C - warmer than normal.

Do a 50% pwc on day 3. Treat for 5 days.

When all fish are eating, make a 3% solution of epsom salts. Use an eye dropper to drop this onto food pellets so they soak it all up. Feed this to the fish twice a day for 3 days.

When feeding, feed a lot less than you would normally. You want the fish to be really hungry to eat the treated food.

Back
Top Bottom