My big Girl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What an awesome syno!! What size tank? How do you sex them, or are you just makig up a sex? Lol! Mines in a 40 so i might have to move mine out soon. Yours has great coloration

My tank is 143 gallons and I have 3 syno the other 2 chase her around all day even though they are smaller than her.When adults synos can be sexed.The female will have a flap covering her opening where the male will not.

garfy said:
My tank is 143 gallons and I have 3 syno the other 2 chase her around all day even though they are smaller than her.When adults synos can be sexed.The female will have a flap covering her opening where the male will not.

Haha ya..ill probably have to move mine out soon!

smileyface9 said:
Thanks! :) I got them a week ago. I've never raised Cichlids before. Do you have any tips?

I don't know too much about blood parrots but here is an article you may find interesting.Hope it helps
exotic-aquariums.com/Blood_Parrot_Cichlid. ..

garfy said:
I don't know too much about blood parrots but here is an article you may find interesting.Hope it helps
exotic-aquariums.com/Blood_Parrot_Cichlid. ..

Nice syno, it's not a petricola though they have white markings and stay small. I think max size is 3" it looks like a multipunctatus to me. Either way it's a nice fish.

She doesn't look like my 2 cuckoos.Her colour is darker and the spots on her nose are way smaller.Ive had quite a few condradicting views on her type.Thought I had it sussed but it seems not lol

garfy said:
She doesn't look like my 2 cuckoos.Her colour is darker and the spots on her nose are way smaller.Ive had quite a few condradicting views on her type.Thought I had it sussed but it seems not lol

Yeah she doesn't look like my petricola. They don't sit still long enough for me to get a good pic.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120104_101204.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120104_101204.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 52
  • ForumRunner_20120104_101247.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120104_101247.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 54
Back
Top Bottom