My New 150.. any suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
found some more lol... the acei kept hiding by the filter or under rocks, im hoping theyre just kind of intimidated and not sick. i guess only time will tell... and aq1, how did you only see a couple? almost every rock in there came from you lol

Last edited:
really? o now I see them. They look a lot lighter than the ones in my tank, mine are really dark brown but maybe that was just how I unkowingly picked em out lol.

here are a few pics of the tank... right now im battling columnaris, but the fish are showing some signs of improvement, and ive only lost one of my fish (aside from the 3 acei that died right after i got them) since getting the bug... I did my daily 50% pwc today and decided to rearrange the rockwork and do a good cleaning of the tank... Here they are. The pics may look a little grainy and the water looks a little cloudy, but thats just the microbubbles from the pwc... i took them with my iphone too, so theyre not the best in the world

Last edited:
looks great making wish my tank was bigger, love the rock scaping kinda reminds me of mine, still looks pretty emepty fish wise

well, i plan on getting more rock one of these days... as far as fish are concerned, im somewhat scared to get anymore after what the acei did to my tank. I may end up using that 55g i was gonna set up as a tang tank as more of a qt/grow out tank for new arrivals... who knows

Im new to the boards so i dont know how much my opinion counts but ive literally sat here for the past 45 min and viewed your whole thread...great job man!!! I have to say i like the newest photos best. I myself am more of a plant oriented guy but i really dig the rock set up. How long if at all did you cure your rocks and pots?

Thanks :) As you can see, i started a complete noob, now im just a weathered noob lol. I tried plants and my fish tore them to shreds, so that is a no-go in my tank... thats why i have two 10g's that are planted... As for the rocks, i got them from Aquarium1 who is a member here as well. He got them from the creek behind his house. I took a wire brush and water hose to them and stuck them in the tank. Looking back, i probably should have soaked them for a day or two first, but ive had no ill effects from them. The pots i got from walmart and broke in half. No need to cure them, just rinse and theyre done.

Thanks :) As you can see, i started a complete noob, now im just a weathered noob lol. I tried plants and my fish tore them to shreds, so that is a no-go in my tank... thats why i have two 10g's that are planted... As for the rocks, i got them from Aquarium1 who is a member here as well. He got them from the creek behind his house. I took a wire brush and water hose to them and stuck them in the tank. Looking back, i probably should have soaked them for a day or two first, but ive had no ill effects from them. The pots i got from walmart and broke in half. No need to cure them, just rinse and theyre done.

Very nice, yeah i think im going to go with a 60 gal next. Not 100% sure yet though. Whats your count up to now?

Back
Top Bottom