My New 150.. any suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so somebody give me some suggestions for fish... is there anything red, other than red zebras, that are still considered mbuna? I want to get red, green, yellow, blue, orange, and black. Ive got all the other colors figured out, i just cant find any red fish... My red zebras are peach at best, more orange than anything, i want a deep dark red, kind of the coloring of a red wag platy... any ideas?

yes that is a pretty cool fish too. Me and you need to make a trip up to louisville one day and check out the fish stores... only place to find alot of mbuna and i would rather see them in person instead of ordering them online

yeah, its only about an hour from here, maybe 45 minutes if i have the radar detector on... they'd be fine at least to here... think about it... they ship them through the mail, taking days, so an hour, hour and a half is no biggie

ive thought about the demosani, i may run down to the lfs tomorrow and get a few.. not sure yet... i finally have a tank with no fish in it so i can qt them, the only reason i havent gotten any lately

nice work.. only 2 small problems... first, its not in the mbuna family... second, its a south american cichlid meaning completely different water conditions and dietary needs.. otherwise, they are pretty fish :) my fish would have it for a snack lol

What you could do is get some 3D glasses, and close your eye on the blue side and all your fish turn red, the water even looks like blood lol.

haha. i just cant get over how everybody that comes here thinks my fish are sw fish... we had a get together today for rachel, kind of a mini baby shower, and i kept being asked why nemo wasnt in the tank with the other fish... took me forever to explain it. So im definately going to the lfs tomorrow.. i may brave up and go to petsmart and get some acei.. they had some nice looking fish, im just scared to death to get any there...

nah... youre just not familiar with mbuna... hopefully one day you will... your 70 gal or whatever it is is just begging to have a nice family of mbuna in it...

Back
Top Bottom